The 8th annual Explore The Outdoors Festival comes to Live Oak Landing on the Choctawhatchee River on October 14, 2017. Walton Outdoors publisher Lori Ceier shares details.
What better way to get kids engaged in nature than heading outdoors and having fun? Walton Outdoors is excited to announce we will be hosting our eighth annual Explore The Outdoors Festival on Saturday, Oct. 14, 2017. The event will be held from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. at the beautiful waterfront location of Live Oak Landing Outdoor Destination, 229 Pitts Avenue in Freeport, Florida. ::MAP::
This fun-filled day will introduce children to the wonders of exploring nature and the outdoor experience. Hands on activities will include fishing, hydrobiking, boating, wildlife, archery, interactive educational exhibits, and much more. The event is free. The water activities are geared for children six-years-old and up.
Food will be available for purchase.
Activities and exhibits include:
• Learning to fish on Black Creek
• FISH FLORIDA fishing rod/reel giveaways
• Freshwater fishing education with Florida Fish and Wildlife
• Emerald Coast Hydrobike cruises
• Archery with Freeport Parks and Recreation
• Boating with Wounded Warrior Fishing
• Boating with Backwater Tours
• Birding with the Choctawhatchee Audubon Society
• Wildlife exhibit with Florida Fish and Wildlife
• Florida State Park exhibits
• Northwest Florida Astronomy Club
• Choctawhatchee Basin Alliance touch tank
• Smokey the Bear and his friends from Forestry
• Florida Sea Grant exhibit
• Freeport Town Planters Society crafts
• Emerald Coast Wildlife Refuge exhibit
• Butterfly exhibit
• Beekeeping exhibit
• Snake exhibit with Falling Waters State Park
• Walton County Master Gardeners activity
• Glendale Memorial Nature Preserve
• Navarre Beach Marine Science exhibit
• Nonie’s Ark Animal Encounters
Thanks to our wonderful sponsors: Gulf Coast Insulation, FISH FLORIDA, Freeport Town Planters Society, C.W. Roberts, Copeland’s Gun and Tackle, and Bent Rod Fishing Club.
About Walton Outdoors
Walton Outdoors is the online source for outdoor adventure in Walton County and northwest Florida. Our mission is to share great places to explore the outdoors, and to educate our readers on the wonders of nature. This is our eighth year getting little ones engaged while having fun. It’s a great way to spend the day.