Deeply steeped in history, Port St. Joe is on the shores of St. Joseph Bay in Gulf County. With bike paths and parks in town and hiking and biking trails along the Cape San Blas peninsula, it’s a fascinating area to explore.
Trails and Parks near Port St. Joe
- Constitution Convention Museum State Park - At the Constitution Convention Museum State Park, interpretive exhibits and artifacts put a face on Florida's frontier days, with a special focus on the historic city of St. Joseph (now Port St. Joe).
- Maritime Forest Nature Trail - The Maritime Forest Nature Trail offers a quick sampling of the habitats that cling to the bluffs along St. Joseph’s Bay at St. Joseph Peninsula State Park.
- Salinas Park - With a boardwalk over a beautiful coastal scrub to a beach on the sparkling waters of the Gulf of Mexico, Salinas Park provides a picnic grove in a pine forest.
- St. Joseph Bay Trail - For a sampling of the fragile coastal habitats protected along St. Joseph Bay by St Joseph Peninsula State Park, take a short walk on this spectacularly scenic coastal trail.
- St. Joseph Peninsula State Park - Protecting fragile coastal habitats on the tip of Cape San Blas as it curves around to shelter St. Joseph Bay, T.H. Stone Memorial St. Joseph Peninsula State Park provides a sweep of beachfront on both bay and Gulf to enjoy.
- Wilderness Preserve Trail - If you’ve dreamed of camping on a deserted beach, here’s your chance. Wander up to 14 miles at the tip of St. Joseph Peninsula through the wilderness area.