With the number of paved bike paths around Florida, it’s hard to believe that it’s been just a little more than 25 years since the very first one opened between Tallahassee and St. Marks in 1988. With John’s extensive cycling background, it’s our mission to explore them all, eventually. We’ll be sharing ride reports here, eventually expanding to full trail details. Take advantage of the cool breeze a bike ride provides in these hot summer months, and enjoy!
Ride Reports & Trail Information
- Florida Keys Overseas Heritage Trail (12/5/2018) - The Florida Keys Overseas Heritage Trail is a 109-mile trail the length of the Florida Keys, a island-hopping slice of tropical paradise: part bike path, part road ride.
- Meaty Mims on the Coast to Coast Trail (5/21/2018) - A serendipitous stop during a bike ride on the Coast to Coast Trail in Mims leads to a tasty lunch at the Family Meat Market, a local institution just a block from the trail.
- C2C expands in North Brevard (10/4/2017) - After more than two years under construction, the newest portion of the Coast-to-Coast Trail opened without fanfare through North Titusville and Mims in September 2017. I rode it on Labor Day to check it out.
- Florida Trail, New River to Hampton (6/23/2016) - A surprisingly pleasant section of the Florida Trail that sees very few hikers, the most remote part of the Palatka-Lake Butler Trail stretches 9.3 miles between Hampton and the New River, southwest of Starke.
- Taylor Creek STA (12/2/2015) - Encompassing the ancient shoreline of Taylor Creek and man-made marshes, this wetlands park is a gem for birding and wildlife watching just north of Okeechobee.
- Woodpecker Trail (8/30/2015) - The Woodpecker Trail at Big Shoals State Park provides a 7-mile wildlife-rich round trip ride, but watch out for those puddles! John plunges in anyway to get the story.
- Biking from Osteen East (8/5/2015) - After watching the progress on the ECRRT at Osteen over the past year, John takes a ride to the east to see how far the new paved bike path goes
- South on the Edgewater Bike Path (8/4/2015) - How far does the new Edgewater Bike Path go south of SR 442 in Edgewater along Cow Creek Road? John hopped on his bike to find out.
- Exploring the Edgewater Bike Path (8/2/2015) - On a ride to discover how close the bike path in Edgewater is to completion, John discovers this connector to the state-spanning C2C is almost ready for riders