Explore Florida on a broad variety of trails – footpaths and paved trails, trails for hiking, cycling, and paddling – where the journey is the reason to be outdoors.
Trails in Florida
- Backpacking - Trails where you can get out backpacking for a night or more. Includes trails in state forests and Florida State Parks, as well as segments of the Florida Trail.
- Beach Hikes - Hikes along beaches or that are connected to beachfront access along both Gulf of Mexico and Atlantic Coast, as well as bays and inlets throughout Florida.
- Best Scenic Hikes - Our picks for best scenic hikes in Florida, where there's more than one "WOW" moment thanks to the habitats, terrain, or other natural features that make these worthwhile.
- Botanical Areas - Hikes with the best botanical wonders - tropical trees, pitcher plants, rare flora, mangrove tunnels, and more!
- Day Hikes in Florida - A list of day hikes in Florida, with trail distances from 1 to 15 miles on varied terrain. Hikes under 3 miles are included for scenic or rugged hikes.
- Dog-friendly hikes - Looking for a place to play outdoors with your dog? Here's where you can find Florida trails, parks, and beaches that are dog-friendly. These selections include hikes, parks, and beaches that are explicitly open to pets.
- Family-friendly hikes - Bring the whole family to enjoy hikes, parks, and other outdoor recreation at locations that are especially fun for kids. Many of these sites offer nature centers or playgrounds.
- Florida Trail for Scouting - There are many opportunities for Boy Scouts to complete hiking and backpacking merit badges and 50-miler awards along the Florida Trail; this list will start you planning your next trip.
- Florida Trail Hikes - Explore natural Florida on the Florida Trail by taking a day hike along a portion of our statewide National Scenic Trail, with a trailhead not far from you!
- Historic Hikes - Learn Florida history while you walk. These trails are either at historic or archaeological sites, or have historic or archaeological elements along them.
- Loop Hikes - Everybody likes walking in circles. Loop hikes are especially appealing since you see different scenery along your hike.
- Nature Trails - Places where you can walk an easy mile or less, ideal for a quick reconnect with nature during your busy day. Many of these are interpretive, too, making them great for youngsters or people unfamiliar with Florida habitats and history.
- Swamp Walks - One of the wildest and most wonderful aspects to hiking in Florida is the availability of swamp walks through many habitats in Florida.
- Wetlands Parks - Wetlands parks in Florida, parks created specifically to treat stormwater or wastewater naturally while maintaining wetlands habitats. These are great birding spots!
- Wildflower Walks - You'll find great wildflower walks in Florida no matter what the season, with spring and fall the top times to see the best show.