Home of “I Dream of Jeannie,” and the best surfing on Florida’s Atlantic Coast, Cocoa Beach is a top destination for beachgoers and folks who just love to play outdoors. Here on the Space Coast, you’ll find hikes and bicycle trips the kids will love as well as more paddling trails, camping, and some of the best birding in Florida.
Trails and Parks in Cocoa Beach
- Canaveral Marshes - Hike up to 5 miles on levees through the marshes of the St. Johns River at Canaveral Marshes Conservation Area between Orlando and Titusville.
- Dicerandra Scrub Sanctuary - One of a string of scrub preserves that sprinkle the Space Coast, Dicerandra Scrub protects a sliver of scrub – only 44 acres - atop the Atlantic Coastal Ridge
- Enchanted Forest Sanctuary - It's not rocket science: the first and finest of the Brevard Environmental Endangered Lands, Enchanted Forest Sanctuary in Titusville is a fabulous destination for family hiking.
- Florida Trail, Tosohatchee - Bridging an immense expanse of pine flatwoods bisected by floodplain forests, a 10-mile segment of the statewide Florida Trail crosses Tosohatchee WMA.
- Hal Scott Preserve - At Hal Scott Preserve, enjoy vast prairies and seepage bogs, the Econ River, and camping under a live oak canopy—within minutes of the Orlando International Airport
- Jetty Park - With white sand dunes and a beautiful oceanfront, Jetty Park is the closest beach to Cape Canaveral that stays open during launches at Kennedy Space Center, and yes, the viewing's great daytime or night.
- Taylor Creek Loop - An exploration into the wilderness along the St. Johns River near Cocoa, the Taylor Creek Loop invites you to immerse in the shade of ancient palms in a floodplain
- Tosohatchee White Loop - At nearly 12 miles, the White Loop is the longest loop trail in Tosohatchee WMA and includes a large portion of the Florida Trail, traversing palm hammocks and pine flatwoods near the St. Johns River.
- Tosohatchee WMA - Protecting more than 30,000 acres of the St. Johns River floodplain near Christmas, Tosohatchee WMA is a place to immerse yourself in the grandeur of old Florida and its bounty of botanical beauty
- Viera Wetlands - One of the best destinations on the Space Coast for birding and wildlife photography, Viera Wetlands is both a man-made habitat and a modern facility for wastewater treatment.