A Florida Trail Gateway Community – where hikers walk right through the historic downtown – Crestview is located on a high ridge that receives a high amount of rainfall each year, the highest in Florida. It is sandwiched between Blackwater River State Forest and Eglin Air Force Base, providing many recreational opportunities.
Nearby: DeFuniak Springs, Fort Walton Beach, Milton, Niceville
Trails and Parks around Crestview
- Blackwater River State Forest- At Blackwater River State Forest near Milton, immerse yourself in the largest state forest in Florida: 190,000 acres surrounding the Blackwater River and its tributaries.
- Blackwater River State Park- With sandy beaches tempting on every curve of the river and trails for paddlers and hikers to enjoy, Blackwater River State Park is the gateway to thousands of acres of public lands stretching northward to the Alabama border.
- Florida Trail, Catface- 14.1 miles. Climbing to the highest elevations along the Florida Trail, the challenging Catface section traverses hilly terrain along the northern edge of Eglin Air Force Base.
- Florida Trail, Titi- 14.8 miles. Paralleling the floodplain of Titi Creek and its tributaries, this hike on the Florida Trail across Eglin will surprise you with its mature longleaf pine forests and its steep descents into creek basins.
- Florida Trail, Yellow River Ravines- For an acrobatic adventure on the Florida Trail, the 11.1-mile Yellow River Ravines section between Holt and Harold tosses both tricky swamp traverses and creative creek crossings your way.
- Lakewood Park- In northern Walton County, Lakewood Park hides an unexpected draw that attracts thousands of visitors each year: Britton Hill, Florida's high point at 345 feet.