Hobe Sound is the southernmost town along US 1 in Martin County, with natural lands and parks along the Intracoastal Waterway, Atlantic Coastal Ridge, and the Atlantic Ocean. It’s the terminus of the Ocean-to-Lake Trail and home to Jonathan Dickinson State Park, a favorite of both backpackers for its loop trails and paddlers for the wild and scenic Loxahatchee River.
Activities by Map
Nearby: Jupiter, Stuart, Okeechobee, Ocean-to-Lake
Trails and Parks in Hobe Sound
- Blowing Rocks Preserve- One of the most dramatic shorelines in Florida, the rocky shore of Blowing Rocks Preserve has sea caves and bluffs to explore on a hike through the oceanfront preserve
- Coral Cove- Just south of Blowing Rocks Preserve, Coral Cove is a Palm Beach County park with spectacular rock formations along the beach along an outcropping of the Atlantic Coastal Ridge.
- East Loop Trail- An immersion into vast pine flatwoods that includes scrambles over ancient dunes, the East Loop at Jonathan Dickinson State Park provides both day hikers and backpackers a delightful getaway.
- Hobe Mountain Trail- Catch a sweeping view from an observation tower atop the highest natural hill south of Lake Okeechobee on the Hobe Mountain Trail at Jonathan Dickinson State Park
- Jonathan Dickinson State Park- One of South Florida's best backpacking destinations, Jonathan Dickinson State Park encompasses a vast mosaic of ecosystems along the wild and scenic Loxahatchee River
- Rocky Point Hammock- With a trail traversing both tropical forest and scrub, Rocky Point Hammock is perched along the Atlantic Coastal Ridge in Port Salerno, south of Stuart
- Seabranch Preserve Hiking Trails- On more than 1,000 acres along the Intracoastal Waterway south of Stuart, the double loop trail at Seabranch Preserve State Park showcases a coastal scrub forest.
- Seabranch Preserve State Park- Walk through a winter-like wonderland of white sand and small shrubs at Seabranch Preserve State Park, protecting more than a thousand acres of coastal habitats along the Intracoastal Waterway south of Stuart.
- St. Lucie Inlet Preserve State Park- On the north tip of Jupiter Island, St. Lucie Inlet Preserve State Park is one of those rare parks that you can only reach by boat - motored, or under your own power, as most visitors do, by paddling through mangrove-lined coves.