Hobe Sound is the southernmost town along US 1 in Martin County, with natural lands and parks along the Intracoastal Waterway, Atlantic Coastal Ridge, and the Atlantic Ocean. It’s the terminus of the Ocean-to-Lake Trail and home to Jonathan Dickinson State Park, a favorite of both backpackers for its loop trails and paddlers for the wild and scenic Loxahatchee River.
Activities by Map
Trails and Parks in Hobe Sound
- Blowing Rocks Preserve - One of the most dramatic shorelines in Florida, the rocky shore of Blowing Rocks Preserve has sea caves and bluffs to explore on a hike through the oceanfront preserve
- Coral Cove - Just south of Blowing Rocks Preserve, Coral Cove is a Palm Beach County park with spectacular rock formations along the beach along an outcropping of the Atlantic Coastal Ridge.
- East Loop Trail - An immersion into vast pine flatwoods that includes scrambles over ancient dunes, the East Loop at Jonathan Dickinson State Park provides both day hikers and backpackers a delightful getaway.
- Florida Trail, Ocean to Lake - 61 miles. A spur of the Florida Trail that leads from Port Mayaca on the east side of Lake Okeechobee to Hobe Sound Beach on the Atlantic Ocean, treating hikers to unexpected wild landscapes north of West Palm Beach.
- Hobe Mountain Trail - Catch a sweeping view from an observation tower atop the highest natural hill south of Lake Okeechobee on the Hobe Mountain Trail at Jonathan Dickinson State Park
- Jonathan Dickinson State Park - One of South Florida's best backpacking destinations, Jonathan Dickinson State Park encompasses a vast mosaic of ecosystems along the wild and scenic Loxahatchee River
- Rocky Point Hammock - With a trail traversing both tropical forest and scrub, Rocky Point Hammock is perched along the Atlantic Coastal Ridge in Port Salerno, south of Stuart
- Seabranch Preserve Hiking Trails - On more than 1,000 acres along the Intracoastal Waterway south of Stuart, the double loop trail at Seabranch Preserve State Park showcases a coastal scrub forest.
- Seabranch Preserve State Park - Find a wonderland of white sand and small shrubs at Seabranch Preserve State Park, which protects a sand pine scrub and more along the Atlantic Coastal Ridge
- St. Lucie Inlet Preserve State Park - On the north tip of Jupiter Island, St. Lucie Inlet Preserve State Park is one of those rare parks that you can only reach by boat - motored, or under your own power, as most visitors do, by paddling through mangrove-lined coves.