One of the largest and oldest communities in Okaloosa County, Fort Walton Beach sits between Choctawhatchee Bay and the Gulf of Mexico. Extensive recreation opportunities await at Eglin Air Force Base and natural lands in the region.Nearby: Crestview, Destin, Navarre, Niceville
Trails and Parks near Fort Walton Beach
- Henderson Beach Nature Trail - Showcasing a ridge of dunes in Destin, the nature trail at Henderson Beach State Park leads you through bright sands in coastal scrub and maritime forest.
- Henderson Beach State Park - There's a reason this is called the Emerald Coast, and you'll know why as soon as the sparkling waters of the Gulf of Mexico catch your eye. They make a strong contrast to the sugar-white strand and tall dunes protected by Henderson Beach State Park.
- Topsail Hill Preserve Hiking Trails - Protecting more than 3 miles of oceanfront on the Gulf of Mexico, Topsail Hill Preserve State Park has an extensive day hiking trails system with over 15 miles of hiking.
- Topsail Hill Preserve State Park - With one of Florida's most beautiful sweeps of beach, Topsail Hill Preserve State Park is a linear preserve with tall dunes along three miles of shoreline
- Turkey Creek Walk - Centered on a broad boardwalk trail that showcases a clear, healthy tannic stream, the Turkey Creek Walk is a family park in Niceville where tubing is part of the fun